Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Quick Post- Update

We don't get to use the internet much at the Marriott because its sooooooooo expensive...so, here's our update:

We went to see the kids today, and they are quarantined due to illness. Something was lost in translation today, so we're not sure what they have. Liam is much more sick than Sophie. He has very swollen lymph nodes, a sore throat, fever, very congested chesty cough and looks pale. Both children were much less active today and had gruff voices. We think it may be Glandular Fever, aka Mono to the Americans. We're being told they may not release the kids to us when originally planned now. We've been told that this won't effect when we leave, but I'm not convinced. I just want to get my kids out of the orphanage and get them home to our doctor. I'm going to see if I can get more info and email our doctor at home.

The weather SUCKS in Moscow. Its cold and wet. Court day was a beautiful day weatherwise. It flurried here last night (yes, I mean snow). It was 6 degrees celsius on our way to the hotel from the airport. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr....Pete had to buy a coat today at the Moscow equivalent of TJ Maxx because he forgot to buy one.

On the bright side, the king size bed at the Marriott is very comfy. I slept in until 11am!!!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Woohoo, an update :) ! Thanks! Sorry the kiddos are so sick. It must be really hard to have to leave them :(.

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

Love the Marriott beds! I'm so happy to hear from you, but sad about the kids being sick. I hope you get them out soon and home where they belong! :)

Holly

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear that your little ones are sick. I am sure you wanted to be parents to them at that point, more than ever. I hope they are feeling better real soon. I will say an extra prayer for them and you and Pete as well.
Thanks for the update.
Thinking about you guys a lot!
Take care ~
Sandra

Nichole said...

Poor kiddos!! I will pray you will get to take care of them very soon! Thanks for the update.