Monday, June 9, 2008

Exciting News!!!

We have terminated our relationship with Frank Adoption Center in North Carolina! I am not going to go into details of why at this point. Maybe in the future I will, and I can share with people through email why we made this decision.

The exciting thing is that we have signed on with a local, small agency called Lighthouse Adoptions. We have met with the director, Lorien, and feel very good about our new relationship. We should have our dossier done for them tonight, other paper work is in with them and they are trying to get us over to Russia (Moscow City Region) for early July. We have a better than 50% chance of having an appointment with MOE there before the July shutdown (The Russian bureaucrats take a 5 week vacation mid-July).

What you probably don't know because I haven't posted in a while is that we are now focused on bringing home a young boy (under 2 years) instead of two children. We just want to be parents, and this is the route that will allow us to be parents the fastest. We will then go back quickly for a little girl.

I have hope again. I had really lost hope after our ordeals at the beginning of the year. I am very tempted to go do some retail therapy, i.e. hit up my local Carters for some cute little boy clothes, but have resisted. I'm afraid it will jinx things.

So, this is our exciting news! Stay tuned, I will be posting our progress!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy WOW! That is not what I expected when I checked your blog today! Congrats for you! I am so excited for you! Congrats & I hope you travel super fast- this waiting stuff SUCKS.

Sherri & Tim said...

Hi Jena,

We're also with Lighthouse & hope to travel at the beginning of July. I hope our paths cross in Moscow!

Sherri
www.journeyforjill2.blogspot.com

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations, Jena!!!! It's was a huge decision, but you're on your way now, girl!!!!

(This is DPatt from frua, by the way)

Joy said...

That really is big news. I am so happy to know that you are excited. I hope you get your referral soon.
Joy

Tracy said...

I'm so excited for you Jena!!!! I think you made a good choice in switching.