Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer in Moscow

I am hoping we will be there this summer...the first two weeks of July to be exact. We will hopefully have an idea by the end of next week as to whether we will be traveling before July 14th. Keep your fingers crossed, pray to your God for us...we can use all the help we can get right now! I know that Lorien and her in-country staff will be working very hard to get this done for us. Our dossier is done- Lorien notarized and apostilled for us yesterday. It might even be in the hot little hands of the family taking it to Moscow for us this weekend!

I've started my little shopping sprees again. No bargains were to be had at Target last night though. I still got some infant stuff. I had thought we would be coming home with older children (2-4) when we were with Frank, so I really had not focused at all on infant things- bibs, strollers, cribs etc. I need to start looking into these. If we come home with a little guy 14-18 months old, do we need anything more than an umbrella type stroller?

Next steps are to send in our FBI fingerprint cards and to send our letter to extend our I-171H.

The next 8 days until we hear something will be excruciating, but I'm sure I can come up with plenty of diversions- shopping, sewing and gardening!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hear you about the wait being excuriating! It's all I think about. Shopping is a great diversion. I'll send up some prayers for you and your family that early July is your time to travel. As for strollers, when we adopted our 1st 2 they were 8 months and 14 months when they came home.
If you get an umbrella type stroller make sure it has a tray for snacks and drinks. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there.

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Kohl's has some great 80% off stuff right now! Bought several things today for our future daughter! :)
If you have Babies R Us, you might stop in there. They have so much baby stuff, your head will spin!