Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Bath

We had our first bath with Sophie last night. I got in my swimsuit and sat in the bath with her. Pete videotaped :) She loved it!!! She didn't love having her hair washed and getting water on her face though. My friend Natalia had suggested putting a visor on her, so I think I will try that when we get home.

Our friend Valya, who we met through my friend Marina in Detroit, brought Sophie a stuffed rabbit. It plays a song...and she plays it over and over and over and over....its driving Pete crazy but she loves it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to cry cry cry as a kid getting my hair washed to the point where my mother would finally just dump the water jug over my head figuring what's the point of making the effort of being careful...

Marius enjoys the way I wash his... fill the tub with just enough splashable water to reach his earlobes when laying on his back (we have a body shaped sponge matt he lies on for some cushion)... lie baby flat on the water matt... using a washcloth or face flannel, wet the hair from the hairline back, then shampoo, and rinse with the same washcloth technique, alll slowly and gently and softly sing songy... after we have the limb washing song then he gets to site up and splash a bit before I dry him. He loves his baths. good luck with different techniques. Love Peg