Thursday, September 4, 2008

We're Officially Parents!!!

We got in yesterday, and once again neither of us slept on the flight. The ride to the hotel took 2 hours, during which we both dozed off, especially me. Nothing exciting happened yesterday, although I do have a beef to share with you all. We went to dinner, and I ordered still water, and Pete ordered a large beer. His beer was 30 rubles less than my water (about $1.20). It was $8 for a very small bottle of water!!!

Today we went to court and we are now officially Liam and Sophie's parents! We celebrated with Eunice and Darren Glynn, our friends who are with Lighthouse's sister agency, Grace. We went to an Italian Pizzeria and got a round of beer to celebrate. We're now at their apartment while we wait to head out to our flight to London. Pete's dozing in the chair.....I will post more later!

10 comments:

David & Jodi said...

Congratulations! I am glad to hear that everything went well. We are looking forward to meeting you in a little over a week!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO Jena!!! You DID IT :) !!!! I can't wait to hear more!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Great news - congraulations!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful news!!

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

YAHOOOOO!!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you all! You're a mama now!

Holly

Sandra said...

Jena and Pete ~
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you and happy to hear that things went well. Liam and Sophie are SO LUCKY!
Enjoy your trip to England and then the rest of your stay in Russia with your children!
I look forward to reading/hearing more and also to meeting your children some time. Remember....Liam and I will get along great because we are both Sagittarians. Sophie and I will get along great because we are both girls. :)

Nichole said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful to hear.

hellabig said...

Wonderful, joyful news! I am sooooo happy for you all!

Cheryl said...

Jena and Pete,

Many blessings as this journey is just beginning. What a long road it's been for you. How exciting!

I can't wait to see more pictures on your blog when you pick up your children.

Have a great time in London. What a great way to get through the 10-day!