Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Hiatus Is Over

Today, after the kids came home from school, we read a version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar that Sophie created in Kindergarten. It was very cute, and led to Liam asking me about whether I smiled at him when he was born. We have had many conversations about them being adopted, not being in my belly etc, so I was a little thrown by this. I told him that I would have smiled at him when he was born if I had been there, but that I wasn't. I told him that I certainly smiled at him the first time I met him, and proceeded to tell them about the first time Pete and I met them, including them running into the room, screaming with joy. I thought I had video of this on my blog, so we sat down and looked at this blog, and looked at pictures.

As it turns out, there wasn't a video of that moment on the blog, but there were plenty of other videos and memories that we all enjoyed seeing again, or for them, experiencing them again without the benefit of a clear memory of it. They watched videos of themselves speaking Russian, and asked if they were speaking Russian. This was another potential revelation, as I have believed that they actually do remember Russian and are pretending not to remember it. Maybe I'm wrong? They acted pretty amazed to see themselves speaking a different language.

Regardless, it made me realize that I should really keep up with this, not so much for others, but for us. I stopped posting because I just got too busy, but it's definitely worth the time. Expect lots of posting- I'm going to schedule a time each week to post updates, or possibly more often.


Coming Soon: 21 months captured in pictures!

No comments: