Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday Stuffing

That's what I did last night. One of our vendors invited my boss, my co-worker and I to a holiday party. It was being held at a good Detroit restaurant (the Rattlesnake Club) so we thought, hey why not? It was FABULOUS! Strolling food, food stations, a mashed potatoe bar, coffee bar (with shots of five different types of liqueur to add to your coffee), a dessert bar with petite desserts and several dessert wines to go with the desserts, lots of seafood, swordfish, and so much more. So, even though I went with good intentions, and I started off doing well and eating fairly nutritiously, it all went down the tubes with dessert. Not only was there the dessert bar, but they kept coming by with more little bite size desserts- cheesecake, white chocolate ravioli, creme brulee...mmmmmmm. Finally, we were sent off with more chocolate and a bottle of wine each. A very merry evening indeed!

No comments: