Friday, August 8, 2008

2 down 2 more to go

We have our flights to Moscow and back booked for us AND the children!! We're flying Lufthansa, so that will hopefully be good food. Bier, wienerschnitzel and sourkraut all around I think! Perhaps we'll watch Das Boot on the plane??? And I'll sing about Eine Kleine Nacht Muzik. That might not be appreciated though. I have been told by both a machine (PlayStation) and people that I CANNOT sing.

And, I just sent off our apps for our double entry visas for our trip. Let's see...there are 25 days until we leave. ughhh...

Now, we have to book our flights from Moscow to London, and book our accomodations. Pete and I have to do some discussin' this weekend and get the accomodations booked.

Tomorrow will be a packed day from noon onward. My shower is at 2pm, and then Findlay's first birthday party starts at 7:30pm. Yvie's day is going to be action packed too!

Tonight, its more "clearing" and "tidying"...this is very therapeutic, I must admit!

On a final note, the Russian "invasion" of South Ossetia has definitely been on my mind today. I hope this doesn't affect our second trip. Most in the adoption community (OK, let me say that most who post on FRUA....) don't think it will have an impact. I'm going to think positively until I feel there's a need to do otherwise. Hopefully the violence ends soon and the innocent civilians can return to their normal lives.

Have a lovely weekend. I will post pictures of the shower (hopefully) Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know, lufthansa is AWESOME. We flew it for trip 1 and it was such a huge contrast to United (first leg of the trip, they were awful). Lots of food, on demand movies, free wine and after dinner drinks (this is in economy!) Highly recommended. Have a great trip :)

Kelly
(Inprocess on FRUA)