Friday, August 29, 2008

Marriott Roulette Not Russian Roulette

I didn't post about our Marriott saga, but I will now. As I wrote earlier in the blog, we booked 9/10-9/13 at the Marriott Grande in Moscow. When we finally decided to book an apartment, we decided that we wanted to extend the stay until 9/14. Luckily, the 20k points (one night's stay) Pete was due from his first Marriott Rewards visa purchase had been added. I looked at his rewards account to see if I could add the night online, and that's when I noticed that the dim-witted Marriott reservations agent had booked us for September 3-6 at the Marriott Grande. I have no idea what he was thinking when he was making our reservation, as the dates were mentioned several times during my lengthy time on the phone with him. This was a Monday evening (last week), so I called Marriott the next day to straighten it out. Lo and behold, the 10th was no longer available as a rewards points night. After more lengthy phone calls, and attempts to argue with agents that this was not my screw-up, I just said put us in the Courtyard. I thought we were done. Nope, not so fast. I logged into Pete's email this morning to print off the hotel stay confirmation to take on our trip, and there was an email from Marriott with reservations for 9/10 - 9/14 at the Marriott Grande. I called Marriott and once again, made sure that our points were applied to the right reservation, confirmed we were really going to have 4 nights at the Marriott Grande and am now just hoping this is the last of it.

Oh yeah, and only 4 more hours of work then I'm off for 14 weeks!!

2 comments:

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

Whew-hoooo on the 4 more hours of work!!! I'm glad you got the Marriott straightened so that when it's our turn to use points, they will know what the heck they are doing! Now if we could just get United straightened out w/ their point system or at least talk to someone who isn't reading answers from a script! :P Anyway, have an awesome trip and I hope you get to go to the zoo!!!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! You're almost there Jena :)! The two beautiful children, who were meant to be a part of your family, are finally coming home!!! You had to go through everything that you've been through over the past few years to get to this point and to be the mom to these kiddos! I can't wait to read your blog when you go back, so you better keep up the blogging.