Friday, July 11, 2008

26 hours and counting....and a super Monday!

I decided at about 7pm last night not to go into work today. Luckily, I have a very understanding and flexible boss who said that was fine. I wouldn't be able to concentrate for anything! I plan to tidy and clean the house so we don't come to a mess, and finish our to do items. Pete hasn't set out his clothes yet, so I can't pack them. I think he's hemming and hawing about what clothes to bring. We've been told Russians don't wear shorts, but my friend Marina (a Muscovite), told me they do in Moscow.

Originally, when I looked at the weather for Moscow earlier this week, it looked like it would only be in teh 70s. That would have been ideal because we won't have A/C. Now, it looks like it will be in the 80s. This was affirmed my Marina's friend in Moscow, who said it is hot right now!

Speaking of Marina, I met up with her last night. She's very excited for us, as she's been with us through most of this journey. She and her husband Lyev have been with us throught he ups and downs, and we've seen her son get married and have child during our friendship. They've been very kind and helpful to us throughout the process. So much so, that Marina has enlisted her very best friend, who is in Moscow, to show us around Moscow on Monday! Its so very sweet of her. Marina hasn't seen her good friend in 12 years, since she left Russia. I plan to take loads of pictures of Valya to bring back for Marina! I would also like to get Valya and Marina nice gifts to thank them for your their generosity...ideas anyone? Additionally, Marina has given me lots of other tips for our trip, and of course has been a great teacher!

So, I'm off to listen to my Russian Conversation lessons on my ipod while I work on my task list here at home!

1 comment:

Tracie Chris and Max said...

Yay! Its almost time to take off for your new life!! Try (if you can!) to get some sleep. you will need it! Best of luck on your exciting travels! Tracie Chris and Max!