Friday, July 18, 2008

Highlights of the Day


We bought a "bubble machine" on Ulitsa Arbat yesterday and it was a hit with the kids today! They went crazy for it, especially Liam Danila.For court, we have a picture of us with the kids, I guess to prove we have met them. Here's our first family portrait. I look like a librarian today....not that there is anything wrong with librarians. It was very hot because we were inside due to the rain, so by this time, we were all nice and sweaty. Lovely, huh?

After our kid time, we came home and Pete snoozed while I shopped. Soon enough, Valya was here and we were off to the circus (tsirk in Russian)!

The first thing we saw we walked in was this live camel. You could pay to have your picture taken with it. There were poodles, a crocodile, a baby bear, a panther, a cheetah, and two tiger cubs. You could have your picture taken with all of them for a price. When I saw the tiger cubs, I had to do it. I'll never get to hold a tiger cub again...so that $20 for 60 seconds basically. Valya's friend got us into the circus for free, so that was fabulous. The circus was very good, though the lion show was a bit upsetting for me. I just don't know how well they are treated.

This is Valya and I waiting for the show to begin.

3 comments:

3NuttyKidz said...

I love the pics. Yes, bubbles are big at my house as well. We can have a bubble play date!!!

Love the family portrait. Liam looked a little worn out - rosey cheeks!!

Geez, they are just too cute for words. I'm so excited and so happy to hear you are all bonding so well!!

Love ya,
Shannon

Donnadman said...

Jena, you children are absilutely darling! I am so very happy for you! Thinking of you, Donna (babies6)

Tanya and Don said...

Jena,
They are so darling! So happy for you guys. You deserve it!

On the jetlag, if you can drag yourself to work on Monday. If you can make it through the day and crash early Monday night, you'll be better off, I made the mistake of trying to sleep during the day when we got home on trip 1 didn't do it trip 2 and it was better. Hope the jetlag isn't too bad.

Safe travels home.
Tanya