Saturday, July 12, 2008

3 hours and counting...

We'll be heading to the airport in a half hour.
I'm so glad I took yesterday off work. I spent the day tidying the house, running last minute errands and getting things ready. I was able to do it without freaking out about time.

I took an herbal sleep aid last night, not sure if it was that or fatigue, but I slept well. That is, until Pete's alarm clock started going off at 5:47am. It accidentally was set two hours fast and showed 7:47. That sucked, because it took me an hour to get back to sleep!

On a very sad note, a Russian adoptee died in Virginia this week. Most of those reading this that are PAPs or APs, already know this, but the non-adoptive parents may not. He had been home just months, and was a toddler. His father (presumed accidentally) left him in the car all day in sweltering heat. As a result, it looks like three US agencies have been banned. At least two agencies are confirmed, though one is not. I can't imagine what the family is going through now. I guess I feel for the adoptive mother the most, because she has lost her son and nearly her husband, who has been charged with manslaughter. What a horrific tragedy.

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast. Then we will leave in about 15 minutes!

I'll hopefully get the wi-fi figured out quickly tomorrow and post once we are in Moscow and rested.

2 comments:

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

YAYYYY!!! So excited for you guys!

Cheryl said...

Hey Jena and Pete,
You're probably just about there, I've been looking at your blog a couple times and dying to know if you are there yet. It is 9am Michigan time, Sunday morning.

Enjoy yourselves, I can't wait to hear from you!

Blessings,
Cheryl Moore