Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Less than 72 hours to go

Yes, I'm nervous. Yes, I'm excited. Yes, I'm anxious. There you have it.

We have 71 and a bit hours to go...I wish I could just fastforward to Saturday morning and have everything ready to go! Alas, I can't.

We have had a wee snafu, in that we tried to rent a laptop through Peace Travel and they were fresh out of laptops. We have a laptop circa 2002 that works, but its heavy and I call it the clunker. It can't keep a battery charge for anything, so it always has to be plugged in. Its slow as all get out, even though I've rebuilt it. I believe it might have a virus too. Perfect, eh? Luckily, my friend Jen says she has a laptop we can borrow. I'm checking it out tonight. Hopefully its a bit lighter, and it has be faster and hold a charge!! I'd personally like to just buy a new laptop but Pete, ever the practical one (did I just say that???), has vetoed that for now.

We have a lot of prep list items done now. Tonight, I will start the packing!

4 comments:

Tanya and Don said...

Have a fantastic trip! Enjoy every second of it!

3littlek's said...

Pete and Jena,
First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming trip and meeting the newest addition to your family!!!

I had no idea that you and Pete had been going through so much over the last few years. Having suffered through years of infertility treatment as well, I can completely sympathize with some of what you had to endure. I only wish I had known, we could have been a support to one another!!

I cant tell you just how happy I am to hear that you are finding your family through adoption. Thank you soooooo much for inviting me to this blog so I can follow your amazing story while you are away in Russia!! I am just sooooo happy for you both...

Please accept our biggest CONGRATUALTIONS wish from Ian and I!!! I can't wait to share the happy news with him as well!!! When you return home from Russia, please contact us, we would love to get together inbetween your trips..

Have a safe and memorable journey to Russia and savor every moment of it, as you DESERVE it!!!

Best wishes!!
Jen Kula

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

Godspeed! Have a great trip!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Nichole said...

Happy packing! So exciting!!