Thursday, July 3, 2008

Got the flight and apartment booked

We have our flights booked- we are flying Delta. We got confirmation from Peace Travel that we have the apartment booked. The apartment is in Arbatskaya on Old Arbat street. This is, admittedly, a very touristy area. It is centrally located though, which is good. My friend Marina, who is from Moscow, has told me that things will be more expensive in Arbatskaya. Our apartment has a little kitchen, so we can make some meals ourselves. We leave Detroit on Saturday the 12th, and arrive in Moscow on the 13th. We will have Monday to sightsee, then we have our MOE appointment on Tuesday and proceed to the orphanage from there. We will be able to visit the children every day we are there, though I am not sure about weekends. So, I would assume most days will be spent with some visiting with the kids, and some sightseeing.

I really need to brush up on Russian. I have Pimsleur Russian, the complete set, on audiochip. I keep trying to zip it onto my iPod and its not working. I'm getting very frustrated. I will try again today, and if it doesn't work, I'll just have to spend time every day at my computer studying. I'll find another way to get Russian lessons on my ipod. I need to surround myself with the language- be one with Russian! Ya lyublyu rooski yezik!

I have one girlfriend planning a shower for me, and some work friends planning a shower as well. Woohoo! I'm so excited to get celebrate this awesome lifechanging event with my friends!

We're also planning on flying up my sister and her little guy for a long weekend. They live in Alabama, and she will be our nanny. we have to make sure she doesn't hate Michigan!!! I hope the weather is on its best behaviour that weekend.

Finally, next week I will be putting our blog on private so we can post lots of info while we are in Russia. If you want to be able to read our blog while we are in Russia, and after until we come home with the kids, please email me at jlstacey at sbcglobal.net so I can send you an invite.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Jena, I just found your blog through Amy's. Congratulations on traveling soon! So exciting. We are also going through the adoption process for Russia. We are with a sister agency to LH. I read through your blog that you submitted your first dossier in June 07, we submitted our first in July 07 for Uzbekistan. The waiting is horrible. Hopefully, we will be in Moscow not too far behind you!

Tracy said...

WOOHOO Jena!!! Please send me an invite :). I NEED updates!